1. Moshing. It’s ok to bond with people and get off of your cell phone.
2. Loyalty. Heavy Metal fans are loyal to the bands that they like. Intensely loyal.
3. Not all Heavy Metal bands are scary in real life. Except maybe Danzig. He scares me a little bit.
4. Different strokes for different folks. If you tune your guitar lower, you can be more metal. The boyfriend says tune down to D or C for a heavier sound. Apparently, you can go lower than that too.
5. Black is the new black. Seriously, black is classic. Black =metal.