This weekend, the coffee talk will be road-trippin’. When was the last time anyone had the chance to go anywhere? We spent all day at the Indiana Comic Con. This is what I can tell you:
- The line for everything was long. If you want to look in the mirror, forget it. Elves are always in the way.
- Sith Lords move soo slow.
- Comic con attendees take things seriously. We need things at the convention to be organized so there is no question as to how things work. Also, don’t line jump and crawl under the gates. If so, make sure you don’t knock the gate over. You will look like a jerk. You’ll be lucky if someone doesn’t take you out with their lightsaber. I’m only half joking. I really thought people were going to get into some sort of altercation – geeks or not.
- I didn’t do as much as I wanted. The kids went too. So I didn’t stalk comic book artists as I had planned.
- It might be bedtime for mommy sooner than later. I remember why I was not a fan of co-sleeping. I woke up several times with Little Sister’s toys on me or under my pillow – not to mention only sleeping on a 1/4 of the bed. Coffee will be a must for tomorrow or I will be as slow as a Sith Lord.
Ah the joys of a family road trip. With most of our clan out of the house, I fear those days are sadly coming to an end. With some luck though Mama and I will be road tripping by ourselves to wander the windy city this summer.
Thanks for the coffee
Ah, the tribulations of a parent. I giggled at the fact you couldn’t stalk like you wanted b/c the little ones were with you. Won’t it be a little cool when you share comic book artists to stalk?
I laughed out loud at sith lord being slow and elves hogging the mirrors—sounds just like the cons I know of. There’s something so charming about them, though. 🙂
Yes, everyone is really charming. I don’t think they let Orcs in. lol 😉
My kids are all grown but I do remember days like this. That and taking them to concerts to see their favorite groups and having to endure the music blasting in my ears, or at least they called it music! 🙂
Oh jealous! I wish I could convince the Mister to go take me to a Comic Con. He is so not a fan and no one around me is either. I will need to plan one with my eldest maybe next year. I really want to go! It sounds like you had fun even if you didn’t get to do any stalking. DId you dress up?
No. Did not dress up this time. Ran short on time. Decided a week before to actually go. 🙂 Still had fun.