If we were having coffee, I would be so happy to see you and have an adult conversation. It doesn’t mean that I haven’t had a really awesome day with the birthday princess aka Little Sister #2. I just haven’t really talked to a grown-up beyond introductions (“Hi. I’m her mom. It’s her birthday. Is there any coffee?”)
- Lucas made her some birthday pancakes. It should be a thing. Birthday pancakes. #birthdaypancakes
- We went roller skating with the Girl Scouts. Little Sister wanted to go there for her birthday last year. We didn’t go so I was happy to see roller skating Girl Scout event that fell on her birthday this year. We were all very excited, even though she didn’t get to ride in the giant roller skate. She was happy with the bouncy house and scooter. Nothing seemed to make her happier than racing around me saying “Hi Mom. Bye Mom.”
- I don’t know any of the moms. I still don’t know any of the moms. No one was really talkative. No one was rude . . . just not very outgoing.
- Maybe they didn’t like my pigtails and unicorn shirt. I realize that I’m 40 but I still like pigtails and unicorns. Maybe they just wanted to be alone . . . in a noisy roller skating rink. Not judging. I’ve wanted to be alone in noisy places.
- So I lasted about five minutes at the table before I put on my skates. I still know that I’m 40 but I really love to go roller skating. If I had really great medical insurance plus great secondary medical insurance, I would join the roller derby. I chose my name and persona, which includes pigtails, a few years ago. However, the chances of getting injured are pretty high. Medical bills are also pretty high.
- Then we went to Toys R’ Us. Honestly, I got out of there for a bargain price of two toys. I figured it would end up being more toys than we could fit in the car.
- Little Sister #2 is my fashionista child. She was more than happy to shop for clothes. Old Navy is having a summer kickoff summer sale this weekend. I also got out of there with the bargain price of having the kid stylin’ for the whole summer, flip flops and all. Have I ever mentioned that Little Sister #2 hardly ever wears shorts? It’s all skirts and dresses for the birthday princess from the first warm day of spring until the first chilly day in the fall.