If we were having coffee, I would tell you:
- how displaced I feel after my coffee maker broke. It croked at the wrong time in my life. I need it desperately. It will be missed.
- how I just bought a ton of coffee.
- how I don’t have the energy to go buy a new one. No coffee= lazy, lazy me.
- also, I’m packing my house up.
- Summer vacation has officially begun for the kids.
- I have things planned but my memory is broken just like the coffee maker. It seems like there’s band camp in there somewhere. It’s written on the calendar. Pre-broken-coffee-maker period.
- Alas, I will have to buy one today or be doomed for the next three months.
- The kids love Wolverine. Who can blame them? Most people do love him. They just cannot help it.
- I may have to buy every X-Men movie. I thought I had them but I do not. I’ll put it on the list. Coffee Maker and Wolverine. Sounds right.
- I’m so jealous of all of your coffees. Tell me all about it please. I will be living vicariously through your coffee and tea experience. How are things in coffeeland or wherever you are?
- Apparently, I will be keeping this one short. Blame it on the coffee pot.
- I need to go get myself together.
If we were having coffee, I’d be drinking freshly-made espresso by the MUG (rustic, camper-van mug) with soya milk (ick) and vanilla extract (to remove the taste of the soya milk) in it, and pretending I wasn’t the crunchy granola hippie I seem to be turning into.
I’d tell you you’re out of your mind not to have all the X-Men films and that they’re a worthwhile investment.
I’d express commiseration at your broken coffeemaker and tell you that online shopping is less effort than writing about the broken coffeemaker.
I might have to duck as you threw the broken one at me for coming over and offering unsolicited snark…
oh i know online shopping. lucky for you the broken one is tooooo messy to throw. 😉 i really did think i had all x-men movies. thank goodness for online shopping. it will be rectified shortly. 😉
sounds like good hippie granola coffee. mmmm granola coffee could be a thing. lol 🙂
I know there are recipes now which call for ‘cereal milk’ – milk steeped in cereal and then drained, so that the milk has that delicious, half-dissolved-carbs flavour to it.
Now I’m glad it’s too messy to throw 😉
Bring on the online shopping 😀
Cone-and-filter never, ever break. Available in all sizes, from large for a thermos to small for just a single cup. No excuse to ever be without coffee again. Sure, it’s pre-Steam Punk/dark ages manual labor, but do I have to ask if the sacrifice is worth it? I think not.
Isn’t it the worst when things break at the worst time? My blender, which I use several times a day, went kaput this weekend, so I know how it feels. I went to get a new one today and it felt very serendipitous as they were doing presentations of several models and I even got a free apron and bag. I’m a sucker for free. As far as your coffee, I recommend the good old plastic drip that you put on the mug. It never breaks. It looks like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drip_brew#/media/File:Kaffeefilter.jpg It seems to be a thing now, because many coffee shops around here use them for better quality coffee. Maybe it’s a hipster thing. I don’t know. It works for me, doesn’t break, doesn’t take up a lot of space, and is cheap.
Alas….Broken coffee pots make for unhappy mornings.