The coffee hadn’t kicked in when I listened to this album, My Name is Bear by Nahko, for the first time. I missed so much by not being awake. How does someone not hear trumpets?
I was talking to Lucas about Nahko. He was like. “Well duhhhh – I’ve heard of Nahko. I saw him live last spring at the place that you are probably barred from. It was amaaazzzzinngg! You missed it.” I’m paraphrasing a bit.
According to Lucas, it was raining at the show. However, he still stood out in the rain to listen to Nahko. He said it was totally worth it.
3 things that I love about “My Name is Bear” –
- The music. Horns, acoustic guitars and a piano. They all sound beautiful together.
- The lyrics. I don’t know all of the lyrics but they mean something beyond having material objects or selfish desires. Reflective introspective. All of that without being cheesy or fake.
- “Early February” is my favorite song on this album. There really aren’t any bad songs.
Awesome things to have in common with Nahko-
- My parents used to call me Bear. So my name was Bear.
- I had a mohawk. It’s grown out since the summer.
- Some of my best friends are musicians, hippies and fire performers.