This week’s theme for Top Ten Tuesday is “Things Getting in the Way of Reading.” Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. Visit her blog to see links to other blogs and to add your link. I cannot wait to see what everyone does with their time besides reading.
- Mom’s Taxi. I put a lot of miles on my van by driving the kids everywhere. Hopefully, by this time next year two of them will have their driver’s license.
2. Work. I have just gone back to work after an 8 month hiatus. During the hiatus, I was basically hibernating.
3. Blogging/listening to music
5. This year a lot of time has been spent planning stuff like prom, graduation and a graduation party plus all of the birthdays.
6. Scrapbooking. I took a long break from scrapbooking but it is back on the schedule now.
7. Watching videos on Facebook. I waste so much time just scrolling through videos.
8. Household stuff. Laundry is a necessary evil.
9. Looking for snacks
10. Looking for stuff that I misplaced.
I spend a fair amount of time driving my youngest to and from activities. She always wants to listen to her music instead of my audiobooks. Can you believe that?? Kids! LOL.
Work takes up a lot of time for sure.
Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.
My excuses, in order of how much of my time is spent on each, are:
1. Blogging/listening to music musicians & bands want me to review
2. Reading too many other blog posts, which then requires that I listen to even more music
3. Reading political articles and listening to political podcasts, which makes me feel increasingly disheartened about the astonishing number of idiots in America
4. Work (which I’m thankfully now doing only part time)
5. Looking for snacks (that make me become even fatter)
6. Playing free cell on the computer (though I do it most often while listening to the music in #s 1 & 2 above)
I sing a song about snacks while taking my middle kid to get snacks. It’s the next big hit. 🙂
Blogging definitely takes up a lot of my free time. Ha ha my dad always used to call it Dad’s Taxi service when my sister and I were kids too, I don’t actually have a driving licence yet, but we live in London so there’s never any need to drive anywhere anyway (unless we’re going on a trip outside of London).