If we were having coffee, I would be so glad to see you because it has been especially lonely around here. I hope that all of you are doing well.
Unfortunately, our kitty, Lilyrose, passed away. Somehow she got out of the house. She made it several blocks before she was hit by a car. My oldest daughter saw her laying on the sidewalk. Then Lucas brought her body back home.
We had a funeral for her on Thursday morning. My youngest daughter visits her every morning before school and then again when she gets home. It’s very sweet how she asks Lilyrose to protect all of the animals.
Although Lilyrose was with us for a short time, she was the most loved kitty in the world. I remember the first time I made coffee after she came to stay. She was extremely curious about the coffeemaker and the interesting noise that it made.
I will miss her trying to help with the dishes and trying to catch the cursor while I was writing blog posts. Her favorite show was the pointer finger on Netflix. There was a toy horse that she also loved or hated. It was hard to tell.
Lilyrose was also a fan of the Kim Kardashian Hollywood game. Don’t judge. It’s very can be very addictive. She resembles the cat in the game.
She loved popcorn and cheese. She had a baby blue color because I thought I would have time to buy her a pink one. Our time with her was too short.
Find more Weekend Coffee Share posts here:
Weekend Coffee Share at Nerd in the Brain
Honestly, it took me several months to finish this book. It wasn’t because of Kaling’s writing. I was just so exhausted that I fell asleep every time I read more than a page. “Why Not Me?” by Mindy Kaling is one of the funniest books that I’ve read in awhile.
Kaling talks about some of her experiences as a person who is not what society tells us is beautiful. Let’s just agree that American society lies about what is beautiful. I say this because I believe that Mindy Kaling is totally gorgeous.
She didn’t feel beautiful as a young woman. However, Kaling was funny and intelligent. She worked on making herself a better person. The confidence that she has now came in time.
When I was able to stay awake, I began to really enjoy the book. Kaling has a way of writing about her experiences that most people can relate to in some way. She writes about her experience with joining a sorority at Dartmouth College.
My favorite part was when she wrote a series of pretend emails that were part of her life if she had made different choices and become a teacher. (Is it weird that this it the part that I related to the most? Whatever. It’s fine.)
So the point is that I loved the book. Now I love Mindy Kaling more than ever.
I have not been lucky enough to capture a good picture of swans. If I get any picture of swans, then I have to use a thousand filters.
For this picture, there are no filters. Miracles do happen.
Against the Odds. Daily Post WPC
If we were having coffee, I would tell you . . .
- In about two days, I will be fired. It is going to be the most glorious thing that has happened in the last year. No regrets. Not one.
- While switching to days was a good thing, I also received a new supervisor who is a psychotic bitch. She makes fun of her workers and the powers that be keep her. So I’m not staying one more minute.
- My knee is the size of a pumpkin again. It’s inflammation (aka arthritis).
- This week, I will be spending time looking for a job.
- I’m hoping that I don’t have to grow my hair back in order to get a job. It would be disappointing. I’m so close to having circa 1990s Prince hair.
- One of my other goals is to work on one or both of my books. There’s a third book in the mix somewhere.
- I’ll get to see my kids and drive them every damn place. It will be pretty awesome.
- I foresee a lot of coffee in the near future. There’s so much to do: Get a job. Finish writing 3 books. Keep Prince on heavy music rotation per the usual. Drive kids everywhere. Stay positive. The end.
This is Why We Can’t Have nice things
It’s been so long since I’ve done a coffee share post. I don’t even know where to start.
- We have a cat. She’s a bad kitty but we love her anyway.
- The amount of potted plants in our house has decreased. See above statement.
- Also, I found gum on the piano this morning. I don’t think it was the kitty.
- After a year, I have finally moved to day shift.
- I don’t have that many friends on day shift.
- Someone on day shift said that I should wear spiked shoulder pads. It goes with my mohawk and my grumpy, yet somehow charming personality.
- It would look like this:
BTW: My mohawk is way better. However, I don’t have a belt buckle that big and shiny. I’m thinking that the boyfriend and I could be the Road Warriors for Halloween next year.
- The change to day shift has been good. I have more time to spend with family. More time to blog. More time to do things that I have been putting off so I can sleep during the day. I can drink coffee during the day now, instead of at 9 p.m. Or 2:30 a.m.
I hope that all of you are doing well. I have really missed you guys!
P.S. You can find more Coffee posts here.
Part-Time Monster’s Blog
What band? Name of album
Mosey. The Way We Remember. Their record label is Know Hope Records.
They are listed under alternative rock and punk rock. I think they are alternative and slightly punk.
Is it good?
It’s a pretty decent album. I have no complaints. It’s a little more laid back than what I usually listen to on the radio.
Is it different?
Not exactly. Sometimes every band sounds like ten other bands to me.
Does it remind you of other bands?
It reminds me a little bit of Weezer. Not entirely. I think the lead singer sounds like the singer for Death Cab for Cutie.
Would you recommend it to other people?
Yeah, I think other people will like it. It’s not offensive. Hardly any cursing or screaming. So if you like cursing and screaming, you might not like this album as much.
Did you enjoy listening to the album?
Yes, it was enjoyable. I didn’t feel like stabbing myself in the ears so that is a plus.The song, “By Heart,”is also really good.
I like the song “Know Your Hair.” However, I am obsessed with my hair.
Where can you find it?
Mosey on Twitter
On a scale of 1 to 5.
I’m terrible at giving scores. How about a 3.5?