Can you have too many Wonder Woman undergarments? I think not.
A day in the life. Take us through it with you.
Continue reading A Day with Me: #blogtember
Sammiches and Psychmeds published a rewrite of my Homeless Mermaid post. You can find it here.
I’m going to go have some sort of chocolate to celebrate. Also, hoping to think of a million other genius ideas. No pressure. Just chocolate and celebrating and brainstorming.
There is one book that I’ve been avoiding for about 15 years.
I cannot get rid of it. We give each other sideways glances every so often.
I opened it yesterday.
It’s a self-help book. My notes are in it. I have desperately tried to avoid looking at my own young selfish idiot writing.
The writing inside was surprising and disappointing.
Young selfish idiot me said to listen to my instincts back then too. It only took 20 years to remember.
I had not gotten far in the book – only to day 3 out of 40 days.
Maybe I can move on to day 4 now.
Write your own list of 10 blog topics to inspire us next month.
Hello Kitty wants to show you the list of blog post ideas that we came up with. (Someone had too much time on her hands. Right, Hello Kitty?)
1. What are you doing to celebrate Halloween?
2. Are you a DIY type of person? Why or why not?
3. What would you change about your life?
4. How do you keep loneliness away?
5. Do you have a hidden talent?
6. Who is your favorite superhero or villain?
7. You’re going to the ball. What are you going to wear?
8. Do you know your neighbors?
9. How do you balance life and blogging?
10. What do you want to accomplish in life? Think big picture.
My wish list includes tattoos, unicorns, a tire swing and a pink typewriter. You know, the usual stuff.
What reminds me of me? What reminds me that I’m still in here at the very core of me?
- Going to the beach
- My backpack with the patches. It’s been with me since 1995.
- Dancing around the house. Whenever Janet Jackson’s “Pleasure Principle” comes on, it’s on. There will be dancing.
- Photography. I just can’t stop.
- Driving across bridges. Totally freaking out just thinking about it.
- Cheesy jokes. I still laugh too loud and too long.
- Shopping for books.
- Packing for a trip.
- Staring out at the trees or water.
- Seeing myself in the things that my kids do.
- Going to comic book conventions.
- Cooking badly
- Joking around with people.
- Making my kids laugh is the best thing ever.
- Bitches be trippin. Meaning me. I’m clumsy and trip over everything and nothing.
- The temper. It’s sneaky.
- Tears. Also sneaky.
- Clowns. A clown followed me on Instagram today. I was a little jumpy and then I followed him back.
- Hearing certain songs remind me of feelings and people. I can’t move on until the song is over. For example, most Aimee Mann and Jewel songs. And that one Sugarland song. Ok. Two Sugarland songs.
- When I see moms struggling with their children and groceries at the store. Been there. I don’t miss all of the screaming and crying. My kids get so embarrassed when mommy has a tantrum at the store.
Today, i finished reading “Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All.” It’s an interesting story for sure. The author uses the word “onct.” Is it a real word?
The books on the to-read list include
Although of Course You End Up Becoming Yourself
The Diary of Anne Frank
The Boston Girl
The Perfume Collector
At the Mountains of Madness
I am having so much fun here without you
If we were having coffee, I would tell you . . .
* Mom’s taxi service has been busy this weekend.
* The maid has been lazy so I’ve been catching up on housework.
* The chef has been gone, which means I had to make the coffee, breakfast and lunch today. The horror! My kids suffered through it without complaining too much.
* This week, I participated in Blogging 201. I changed the theme and other things.
* Blogtember is almost over. Blogtober is around the corner.
*How are you guys?
Shout out five of your favorite bloggers. Who are your regular reads?
I love all of these ladies and their blogs. These are just the five that I read the most. There are quite a few that I haven’t listed. Another day.
- Part Time Monster. http://parttimemonster.com/
- Rarasaur. https://rarasaur.wordpress.com/
- Nerd in the Brain http://nerdinthebrain.com/
- Not a Punk Rocker https://notapunkrocker.wordpress.com/
- Darla at New World Mom. http://blogirl.info/