- Don Quixote. I think I liked it but I don’t remember. Should go on the #readagain list.
- East of Eden. Should also read again.
- Eat Pray Love. Definitely worth reading.
- Embers of Liberty.
- Emma. One of my favorite Jane Austen books.
- Evvie Drake Starts over.
- Farhrenheit 451. Interesting book.
- A Farewell to Arms. Probably my favorite book by Hemingway
- A Feast for Crows. Love all of the books in this series.
Card Reader of Long Island have a new album available in all of the usual places. Hopefully, they will become a “familiar voice” to everyone. So far I enjoy their music more than I expected. It was a pleasant surprise.
Check out their video for “Familiar Voices” so you can also have something pleasant in your day . . . in a totally rockin’ way of course.
If you could go back in time to fix your love life and hopefully save the world, would you go?
Crossing in Time takes place in Colorado, in a biodome somewhere in the United States and on a tropical beach in the future.
Isabel loves Diego. Diego loves Isabel. Many years ago they were a couple – two brilliant, complicated, stubborn people who cannot effectively communicate until twenty years later.
Isabel lets Diego get away and then marries the biggest douchebag on the planet. He’s a jerk in the past, present and future.
The end of the world is quickly approaching. Some genius figured out that keeping Isabel and Diego from separating in their youth could save the planet.
So Isabel volunteers to go to the past to talk to young Diego about how to communicate with a young Isabel when he meets her. It was probably incredibly weird to say “Hey, someday you will meet another me who is exceptionally difficult. Please be patient with her/me even though we are a pain in the neck.
If you are a fan of time travel or apocalyptic novels, then you might enjoy Crossing Time. It would be fine to take this book to the beach to read about the world ending while the world is ending.
Oh my goodness. I should quit reading the reviews on Amazon. Prudes who don’t like cursing or all of the sexual language do not enjoy this book. The prudes gave it a one star review. That’s a bit harsh Prudence. It was worth at least 3.5 stars.
- I thought I received this ebook from the author. However, I’ve had the ebook since 2018 so I’m not sure anymore.
- The Witch’s Ambitions Trilogy. The Council.
- Crossing in Time. Just finished last week. Book review coming soon.
- Curva Peligrosa.
- The Da Vinci Code. I liked the book and the movie.
- A Dance with Dragons. Loved all of the whole Game of Thrones series.
- Daughter of Fortune. Worthy of multiple readings.
- Daughter of the Sun.
- Deja Vu.
- A Different Time.
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. I liked the book better than the movie.
Unfortunately, the elderly are victims of crime more often than anyone would think. It’s almost unthinkable. Who would want to hurt Nana or Pop-pop?
The elderly are generally victims of elder abuse (emotional and physical abuse, neglect, financial exploitation, etc.), which I have seen first-hand. Violent crimes against the elderly are slightly less common but the instances of violence are increasing.
There are the cold cases of Columbus residents Alice Laskey, Helen Banner and Carrie Walker. All three ladies were over 70 years old. They had all been stabbed in or in front of their homes. Robbery was possibly the motive in at least two of the homicides.
If anyone has any information about these cases, please contact the cold case division of the Columbus Police Department or Central Ohio Crime Stoppers. The phone numbers are listed below.
The families of Laskey, Banner and Walker need your help to solve their loved ones homicide.
On November 12, 1980, Alice Laskey was found outside of her residence after being stabbed. She died from her wounds soon afterwards. Laskey was in her 70s. The motive was most likely robbery since her purse was found several blocks away.
Robbery could have also been the motive for Helen Banner’s death on February 12, 2004. Banner, 82, was also stabbed at her residence. Her purse had been stolen in January. Her son had confronted the people responsible. Is it possible that the person who stole her purse had killed her for revenge? At the time, the police said that they didn’t think it was connected. I hope that they take a second and third look at the thieves.
Eighty-five year old Carrie Walker was found by her granddaughter on October 15, 1987. Walker had been stabbed in her residence. It’s unclear if robbery was the motive. There was at least one witness but no suspects were ever found.
- Catching Fire.
- Charlotte’s Web. One of my favorite books of all time.
- The Chosen.
- City of Flickering Light
- Games of Thrones: Clash of Kings.
- Cold & Deadly.
- Cold Mountain.
- The Color Purple. I loved the book, as well as the movie.
- Confessions of the Fox.
- Coraline. The book is so awesome and creepy. My kids are all creeped out by the movie but they watch it all of the time.