After blogging for three years, I don’t have that many secrets left to tell. There is something that I want to tell but then again it could ruin everything. I may be exaggerating again.
Most of the time, I listen to rock and roll music. When my kids are in the car, the music is generally Top 40 – only because it’s light and fluffy. If the music is light and fluffy, then my kids are not so aggressive and angry. Happy kids = Happy mom.
So here it is . . . . every night when I’m driving to work, I listen to the Sweat Hotel with Keith Sweat. It’s old school R & B. It’s intoxicating and I can’t help it. It’s like honey for my ears or something.
No one knows. Not my kids. Not my boyfriend. Not my mother. Nobody. . . . There’s a little Keith Sweat reference for you.
Honestly, I have been to many, many concerts. It’s hard to say which one was the best. So I’m going to name my top twelve favorite concerts. I tried to just live five or ten but I could not do it.
1. Santana. It was an amazing show. Unfortunately, I can’t find any pictures. I think my camera was broken or misplaced.
2. Joni Mitchell. She did an album of jazz standards. I think she still sounds great no matter what she sings.
3. Miss May I. They are awesome.
Miss May I
Levi Benton of Miss May I and I.
Miss May I
4. Chaka Khan. I could see the color of her eyeshadow. I had never been so close to the front stage before.
5. Stone Sour. Epic. I wish it didn’t have to end.
6. Lyrnrd skyrnd. They rock. Probably more than most of the young dudes in bands.
7. Parliament. I blame this concert for my hearing loss. This picture is so old that I had to login to Myspace to find it.
8. Being As an Ocean
10. Ben Harper
11. Heartsick. One of my favorite local bands. Always a good time.
I was hoping to see D’Angelo but he cancelled. I think he has potential to be my favorite.
This a summer, I missed every show that I wanted to see. Red Hot Chili Peppers. Prophets of Rage. Slipknot (FYI: I used to be able to tie a slipknot.) Whenever I get to take a vacation, I’m just going to concerts and the beach. Maybe a concert on the beach. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed.
This is a list of my favorite Halloween movies. Happy Halloween!
Top ten Halloween movies
1. Hocus Pocus
2. Sleepy Hollow
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas
5. Practical Magic
6. The Addams Family
8. Young Frankenstein
9. Haunted Honeymoon
10. Hotel Transylvania
I would hire an Uber driver on a permanent basis. Driving makes me anxious, especially after hitting a deer in June. My boss will probably ask me soon why I’m late or almost late on a regular basis. I’ll just have to tell her the truth: I drive super slow because I’m paranoid about hitting another deer.
It is not a conversation that I want to have because my boss is not compassionate. She does not care about anyone’s phobia or paranoia. She wants people to be on time to work . Also, she loves it when people work at work. Period.
My Uber driver would then drive me everywhere, except work. I can imagine all of the fun we could have on road trips and going to concerts. It could be awesome. My boyfriend doesn’t think so. He thinks I would end up locked in a basement somewhere. Let’s hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Where did I put that Kubotan anyway?