Origami swans are quite festive.
This year, Eva and I made cookies for Santa. Usually, I buy them already made.
She wanted to help. Since I cannot find the mixer, Eva was in charge of mashing everything together. Then she put the cookie dough on the sheet. Most of it made it to the cookie sheet. A small percentage was eaten. It could not be helped.
She wanted to help pour the milk for Santa but it was only 4 p.m. Santa- or anyone else really- should not be served sour milk.
P.S. Santa, could you bring us a new mixer for Christmas?
The editors at Food Network Magazine are seriously good at what they do: making food look delicious and approachable. I mean, most of the recipes look fairly easy to make even for a non-cook like me.
The table of contents has a picture of every dish. So you can look at all of the recipes and see what they look like before you even get to the first page.
My favorite part of the books, besides the photographs, are the snack time sections. Who doesn’t love snack time? The snacks are healthy – At least these snacks are healthier than what we eat for snacks at my house. Honestly, when no one is home, I eat snacks for dinner. However, now I could make one of the snacks from “The Best and Lightest” and not feel guilty the next morning.
If I wasn’t giving this to someone who really loves to cook, I would keep it for my own kitchen.
*I did receive this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for doing a review.
If we were having coffee, I would tell you
- I learned how to make mashed potatoes.
From scratch. No boxes in sight. At the end, I dropped the potato peeler like how people drop their microphones at the end of a rap battle or something.
- I went shopping 3 separate times with each of my kids. Now I need a nap or coffee.
- I am still not finished with Christmas shopping.
- We did not see “Star Wars.” I think I have another kidney stone. So I would’ve missed the whole show.
- I have writing projects that I will be working on this week.
- I thought of a topic for the a to z challenge. It’s in April. So ahead of the game.
- How are you guys?