I have so much experience with being poor. It’s taken some time to figure out how to not be really and truly poor. I mean, I’m still a broke ass bitch.
However, the money situation is not as bad as it used to be. In fact, my credit score has improved enough that I could buy a new car. At a real car dealership instead of from some guy on craigslist or down the road.
Here is what I know. Maybe it will help you get your house in order.
If you know the secret to making money, you can let us all know.
- Take a close look at your finances on a weekly basis. I know it’s scary but you have to work through the fear. It’s the only way.
- Most banks have an app for your phone. Use it.
- Budget. Budget. Budget. For awhile, I stopped writing down what bills and how much. Huge mistake on my part. You might think you have extra money and forget to pay the water bill. Big oops. So now I have a little binder with a folder for each month.
- If you have a subscription to anything that comes out of your checking, don’t forget about it when doing the bills. If you subscribe to something for a time when it’s free, don’t forget to cancel it before you have to pay or remember that it’s going to cost money.
- Be aware of your credit score. Also terrifying but necessary. If you want a house or a car, you need to know what is going on with your credit.
- Sustainability. Can you survive on your income? What can you do to make it work? How much can you do for yourself? Some people make their own coffee instead of going to Starbucks. It’s delicious coffee. Can you afford $25 a week on coffee?
- Side hustle. Everyone probably has a side hustle – blogging, eBay, Etsy, etc.. You have to decide if it’s worth it. Does it make money or waste time? Personally, I have never, ever, ever made money from doing surveys. So for me, it’s a waste of time.
I have a budget board on Pinterest. Take a look, there might be something that helps you figure out the disaster that is your financial health.
Canetis in Latin means “sound.” I think that you will like the sound of Canetis.
Check out the video for “Energy.” If it wasn’t time to shake your tailfeather, it is now.
Who: Adult Mom is the solo project of Stevie Knipe.
What: They are releasing a new single, “Berlin.” It is awesome and lovely.
“‘Berlin’ is a song that took over a year to write. It’s about processing the loss of an important friendship without knowing the exact cause of the loss.” says Stevie Knipe (they / them), adding “Through loss, there are moments recalled, like meeting for the first time, the moment you got close with that person, singing “hole” in dorm rooms, drinking beer in a bathroom, and of course, the complete paralyzation that comes with loss. It’s about being in between healed and not, and trying my best to calculate the reasons why she left.”
Where: Adult Mom will be on tour with Palehound. You can find them in the following places.
Metal band Shattered of Tampa has taken a break from thrashing so that they could answer a few questions for the last segment of new year interview. Welcome Shattered to the blog!
What was the best thing to happen in 2019?
I joined Shattered as lead guitar.
What are you looking forward to in 2020?
To alot of kick ass shows with my brothers and our upcoming album.
Where was your first concert as a fan? As a performer?
As a performer. in ybor seeing slayer. in a tiny bar playing guitar for a thrash band.
Do you think that there’s an alternate reality? If so, what is the alternate you doing?
there is tons of different realities, and my doppelganger probably isn’t having as much fun as I am.
New Year’s Resolutions. Yay or Nay?
What have been the best musical holiday moments in your life?
Went to slayers farewell show with my high school friends we first seen them together and we went to the last show together.
Favorite holiday song?
Least favorite holiday song?
All of them lol.
What do you want people to know about your music?
The music is for everyone to take something different away we all come from some place different and something mean different for everyone.
20- year -old Cynthia K. Smith was shot while making a phone call at a record store in Columbus, Ohio. The incident occurred on January 24, 1993.
The record store, Negus, Negast, was close to Reggae nightclub. If I understand the story correctly, the nightclub was next door to the record story. The shots came from across the street.
The police suspected that the shooter was upset that they could not enter the nightclub. So in retaliation they opened fire. Smith happened to be shot by a stray bullet.
There were about 20 people at the nightclub. No one will tell police who was shooting. It seems unlikely that no one saw what happened.
The witnesses were probably afraid to name the shooter. This person opened fire because they were angry about something that was more than likely trivial. So can you imagine how much destruction they would cause for something like being accused of the murder of Cynthia K. Smith?
If any of the witnesses had come forward, the suspect could have been arrested and hopefully sent to prison.
The hope in writing this post is that someone that witnessed the crime would finally tell the police what they know about the night of January 24, 1993.
If you have any information or questions about Cynthia K. Smith’s case, please contact the Columbus Police Department. If you happen to have a photograph of Smith, please contact me at Chasing Destino on Facebook.
Although, Y’akoto’s album, “Mermaid Blues,” was released in 2017, it is exactly what I needed to hear today. Sometimes people need to hear songs with emotion and a story. Something that lets you be sad for a minute and then says it’s time to move on from sadness. Well, that’s what I am taking away from “Mermaid Blues.”
Y’akoto has been called a neo-soul singer. So there are elements of R & B, jazz and the blues. I wish that there were more singers like her. There are tons of great singers but so many don’t sing songs that are authentic.
Y’akoto is originally from Ghana but has lived in Germany and many other places.
My favorite songs on the album are “Drink My Friend” and “Fool Me Once.” If it was possible, I would listen to the album at a blues club that has a dance floor. There aren’t enough good blues clubs in the world. So in the meantime, we can just enjoy Y’akoto’s music wherever we can.