After blogging for three years, I don’t have that many secrets left to tell. There is something that I want to tell but then again it could ruin everything. I may be exaggerating again.
Most of the time, I listen to rock and roll music. When my kids are in the car, the music is generally Top 40 – only because it’s light and fluffy. If the music is light and fluffy, then my kids are not so aggressive and angry. Happy kids = Happy mom.
So here it is . . . . every night when I’m driving to work, I listen to the Sweat Hotel with Keith Sweat. It’s old school R & B. It’s intoxicating and I can’t help it. It’s like honey for my ears or something.
No one knows. Not my kids. Not my boyfriend. Not my mother. Nobody. . . . There’s a little Keith Sweat reference for you.
Keith Sweat: Nobody
There’s also a section of the show called “What’s Your Confession?” Coincidence? Possibly.
Honestly, I have been to many, many concerts. It’s hard to say which one was the best. So I’m going to name my top twelve favorite concerts. I tried to just live five or ten but I could not do it.
1. Santana. It was an amazing show. Unfortunately, I can’t find any pictures. I think my camera was broken or misplaced.
2. Joni Mitchell. She did an album of jazz standards. I think she still sounds great no matter what she sings.
3. Miss May I. They are awesome.
Miss May I
Levi Benton of Miss May I and I.
Miss May I
4. Chaka Khan. I could see the color of her eyeshadow. I had never been so close to the front stage before.
5. Stone Sour. Epic. I wish it didn’t have to end.
6. Lyrnrd skyrnd. They rock. Probably more than most of the young dudes in bands.
7. Parliament. I blame this concert for my hearing loss. This picture is so old that I had to login to Myspace to find it.
8. Being As an Ocean
10. Ben Harper
11. Heartsick. One of my favorite local bands. Always a good time.
I was hoping to see D’Angelo but he cancelled. I think he has potential to be my favorite.
This a summer, I missed every show that I wanted to see. Red Hot Chili Peppers. Prophets of Rage. Slipknot (FYI: I used to be able to tie a slipknot.) Whenever I get to take a vacation, I’m just going to concerts and the beach. Maybe a concert on the beach. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed.
In case you were wondering what I watch on television or used to watch since I don’t have cable or the internet. (I don’t have a a microwave either. It’s like I’m a pioneer woman. Just kidding.)
Top 10 favorite television shows
1. Game of Thrones
2. The Walking Dead
My friend, Tracey, made this print. Her website is here:
3. Hell on Wheels
4. Pretty Little Liars
6. Life after People
7. Ken Burns documentary “Jazz”
8. Behind the Music. I know more than I wanted to know about most musicians.
9. Best Week Ever/Talk Soup. Funny and sometimes inappropriate
10. Once Upon a Time
What is the meaning behind blog name?
I wrote a blog post about the story behind the blog name.
Destiny and the Stars
I also did this post about the blog name.
Blog Name . . . #blogtember
This year I’ve spent a lot of time at work. It seems like I also spend a lot of time wishing that I could become a pirate. Mostly, I just want to go somewhere and do something. Anywhere.
I’m barely keeping afloat. My bucket list has taken a back seat to sleeping and working.
My life not as adventurous as I hoped it would be or even as it used to be. There was a time when I went places and did things. The blog should be called Sleeping Destiny Away or Chasing Naptime.
Also, I haven’t had any rum in at least a month.
It was hard to resist buying this Kermit the Frog purse. It doesn’t match my hair or anything in my closet.
Pumpkin spice coffee creamer and a jar of “What the heck is it?”
I suspect that it’s sauerkraut.
This is a list of my favorite Halloween movies. Happy Halloween!
Top ten Halloween movies
1. Hocus Pocus
2. Sleepy Hollow
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas
5. Practical Magic
6. The Addams Family
8. Young Frankenstein
9. Haunted Honeymoon
10. Hotel Transylvania