Tell us about your favorite season. Why is it your favorite and what does it say about you?
10 items off your bucket list. If you haven’t made one, now’s a good time to start!
There are so many posts on this blog about bucket lists. So this one is the bucket list in ten photographs.
Write a letter to sixteen-year-old you. Any advice or funny stories?
This is a list of things that you should or should not do. Take my advice. You need it desperately.
Things to Do
- Stick to a budget. The occasional splurge is ok. Someday you will want to retire so don’t buy all of the shoes.
- Be more pro-active. If you want to work at a magazine or wherever, make it happen.
- Be pickier with your boyfriends. Much, much pickier.
- You’ll have a chance to go to Europe. You should take it.
- Be a better friend. It’s not as easy as to maintain relationships as “Friends” makes it look.
- Go see Guns n’ Roses before Slash leaves. Axl has the rights to the band, I guess. It’s never the same after Slash makes his departure. NEVER
Things Not to Do
- Don’t wait until you’re 20 to get your license. You’ll miss out on lots of cool stuff because you’re waiting for your mommy to drive you places.
- Don’t settle for less than what you deserve in any category.
- Don’t dye your hair blonde. Your hair is too dark. It won’t work and your mom will still be pissed 20 years later because you ruined the college graduation pictures. Ruined is also a matter of opinion.
Tell us about your blog name. Where did it come from?
I did that post last year. You can read it here.
It is still true. I still want to live my life with no regrets. I don’t want to say, “I coulda been somebody. I coulda been a contender.”
Today someone told me that I resemble a movie star. I laughed because I was in my scrubs and my hair was a hot mess. It’s my daily look – navy scrubs and hair falling out of the hair clip. She meant a specific movie star. I knew the one.
I’m probably not going to be a movie star or famous. It could happen but the movie star thing is not likely.
I wonder if I could change the name to “Free Winona.” Just kidding. The name is staying for a little while longer.
If I make a difference in the world, then I’ve done my job – not just my actual factual job, the big picture job too. I just want to do something awesome.
However, writing a post about how Jack Black and Jack White should form a band is not going to cut it. (They would be like the Odd Couple of Rock and Roll.It would be glorious.)
I could totally dress up like this guy for Halloween or a lip-synch video contest. Do they have those? We could be twinsies. I think we wear the same eyeliner.
Hi. My name is Holley. This is my blog, Chasing Destino.
I like rock and roll. I do interviews sometimes. If I’m lucky, I get to stand in line for an hour to meet musicians or actors.
The kids and I love going to the beach. We need more floppy hats and sunglasses.
I also love Wonder Woman and coffee.
There’s so much more to say. I’ve probably said it on this blog. Writing on the blog like going to therapy, except there’s not an actual therapist. My last therapist would say that I have anger management issues. She’s a liar and has no idea of what makes me me tick, which is why she was the last therapist. I feel like I’ve said too much.
Enjoy the visit to this blog. Hope to see you around sometime!
What are you passionate about?
- Social issues – domestic violence awareness, homelessness, etc. There are so many issues that I can’t list them all.
- Family is a given, right?
- I really love all of the historical documentaries on Netflix. I also love Pretty Little Liars and Witches of East End. I’m only human.
- Handsome men. Again with the human. I could put tons of pictures of handsome men but that would take all day. Too many pictures of handsome men would be boring or distracting. I’m distracted right now.
What do you mean it’s Sunday? Well, read it anyway. 🙂 Just have fun with it. It’s a holiday weekend for Pete’s sake. How can I be expected to know what day it is?
Put your iTunes/music player on shuffle and share the first 10 songs that play.
This is possibly a really bizarre mix. My YouTube Mix is kind of eclectic.
Paloma Faith: Can’t Rely on You
Tracy Chapman: Talkin’ About a Revolution
Alicia Keys: If I Ain’t Got You
Icon for Hire: Make a Move
Ray Lamontagne: Jolene
School of Rock Reunion Concert
Bring Me the Horizon: Can you feel my heart?
Sam Hunt: Take Your Time
j and the 9s