Tell us if you’re going to dress up tonight for Halloween. (And better yet, show us a picture of your costume!)
This is the costume that I made for Little Sister #2. She is very excited to be dressing up like Wonder Woman. She said I should be Wonder Woman’s mom for Halloween. So that is the plan for Comic Con tomorrow – she’ll be Wonder Woman and I will be Wonder Woman’s mom.
Excuse me while I go find some clothes worthy of a superhero’s mother.
There was also the time went swimming at a hotel pool. My friends and I did not know that there were windows in the pool. On the other side of the pool was a bar, the Mermaid Lounge. So our bodies were on display for about an hour. We had no idea until we were finished swimming. Some dude noticed us while we were standing in the hall. I guess he recognized us from swimming in the Mermaid Lounge. Luckily, we had good bodies back then so there wasn’t any reason for us to be embarrassed. However, I think I did readjust my suit while in the pool, which is a little bit embarrassing. It hasn’t stopped me from swimming.
1. I only put on left shoe then right shoe. If I put on the right shoe, then I have to start all over.
2. I just avoid ladders to be on the safe side. Step stools are acceptable.
3. I throw salt over my shoulder, even if someone else spills it. I’m not sure if that’s ok. Just covering my bases.
4. I do not go to the lighthouse that I got married at. Every time I go – bad things happen.
5. I broke a mirror about seven years ago. My luck should be changing any day now. (I don’t really believe that. I believe in making your own luck. However, at the time that I broke the mirror, I thought it was bad luck.)
6. When my kids open an umbrella inside, I panic a little bit.
Here is a short article on different superstitions.
Without a doubt, it would be Winona Ryder. She resembles me quite a bit. Also, I think she is quirky enough. I took an online quiz that said the role should be given to Kate Winslet. I just don’t see Kate being as effective as Winona in the role.
If we could recreate this photo, with the actual Johnny Depp, that would be awesome. I would be willing to be the stunt double for this photo shoot.
I think Jason Momoa should play the role of Lucas. For art’s sake,of course.
While I was in college, I took a class about surrealist literature. So all of the novels were extremely different from the Victorian novels that I was used to. Honestly, it was a welcome change.
Of all of the books that we were assigned, “100 Years of Solitude” by Gabriel Garcia Marquez was my favorite. It is still one of my favorite books of all time. The other books have faded from my memory. They just didn’t still out like “100 Years of Solitude.”
I am reminded again that I should read it again. There are a lot of twists and turns that it’s hard to remember every detail. It’s a little bit like a telenovela but with more magic and a prophecy. Who doesn’t love a good prophecy?
I’ve read almost everything that Marquez has written. “Love in the Time of Cholera” is also one of my favorite novels.