Tell us about your morning routine. What is one thing you want to change?
Let me preface by saying my morning routine is a bunch of crap. This is what my mornings are like. My mornings run into afternoons, which run into nights.
- I get home from work shortly after midnight.
- Sometimes I sleep for four hours. If I’m lucky, I get to sleep for six glorious hours.
- Then I get the kid up at 6:30 a.m.
- After she gets on the bus at 7 a.m., I drag myself back home and try to sleep for two more hours.
- Most days I get up between 10:30-11 a.m. On the more sluggish days, I sleep until noon.
- I feel guilty about sleeping until the late morning. When I added up the hours, it came out to be about seven hours.
- I stumble down the stairs and keep moving until I find the coffee.
- Drink said coffee with a side of cereal or a bagel.
- I check out the blog. Sometimes I send cheesy love songs to my boyfriend from YouTube.
- Around noon, I eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Wait for the coffee to kick in and write until 1-2. There is a lot of brainstorming going on around this time.
- Sometimes, I get to do interviews with cool people – musicians, comic book artists, etc.
- Get ready for work. Try to hide the bags under my eyes to no avail. Use more lipstick than necessary but whatever.
- Pick up the kid from the bus
- Take her to the sitter if boyfriend works late.
- I get to work at 4.
- I’m the mayor of whoville until midnight.
- Then I drive home and start this cycle of ridiculousness all over again.
I would like to change my work schedule because it is cramping my style. When the schedule, changes all will be right with the world. When I say “the world,” I mean my world. I’m ready to get off of this crazy train.