What unique stresses do you think women writers experience?
I can only tell you what stresses I have. I also happen to be a woman. Men probably have similar problems, right?
- Perfection. I don’t want to publish a book if it’s not perfect. This is also the reason that it has taken so long to publish one book.
- Day job. I would love to quit my day job. It’s just not possible right now. Maybe if I published that book then I could quit my day job.
- Sleep. I sleep, which takes time away from writing. Stre
- Too many irons on the fire. Not literally. I don’t even know where the real iron is at the moment. I do have several projects that I’m working on right now. It’s kind of important to prioritize. If it’s not something that fits into what I want to accomplish, then it can wait until another time.
- Mommyhood. Mommyhood takes precedence over everything else. So if the kids are calling for juice and ice cream, I better find some before there is a riot. Sometimes I’m lucky and I can combine projects and mommyhood.
- YouTube. I’m so distracted by YouTube. Darn you YouTube for being so entertaining. Plus, I’ve had that Kelly Clarkson stuck in my head.This one . . .
I am totally driving my boyfriend crazy by singing and carrying on around the house. So now I’m distracting.