How do you make a friendship grow?
I’m not the expert on friendships. I know people. It seems like I know how to not agitate people. On the other hand, I’m excellent at making people mad.
Let me make you a list of how to not agitate people that you want to keep as friends.
- Don’t always win at trivial pursuit.
- If you can’t help winning, then don’t gloat.
- If you can’t help gloating, then you are a jerk and don’t deserve friends yet.
I feel like I should make another list because the previous one might not not very helpful to you. However, it will be especially helpful to me. If I can talk anyone into playing trivial pursuit ever again, I will be ready to play nice. Sorry for being a jerk before, I promise I will be nicer. There will be no dancing around the table until every one is gone.
- Make your friends feel special. It’s not always about your issues. Sometimes it’s about them.
- Be honest. Don’t let them go out looking like a hot mess. If it can’t be helped, at least go out in public with them to show your support. Maybe mess up your hair a little to be even more supportive.
- Loyalty. Always choose your friends. Well, almost always, there are exceptions. Other people will come and go who are not really your friends. Choose wisely.