Honestly, I have been to many, many concerts. It’s hard to say which one was the best. So I’m going to name my top twelve favorite concerts. I tried to just live five or ten but I could not do it.
1. Santana. It was an amazing show. Unfortunately, I can’t find any pictures. I think my camera was broken or misplaced.
2. Joni Mitchell. She did an album of jazz standards. I think she still sounds great no matter what she sings.
3. Miss May I. They are awesome.
4. Chaka Khan. I could see the color of her eyeshadow. I had never been so close to the front stage before.
5. Stone Sour. Epic. I wish it didn’t have to end.
6. Lyrnrd skyrnd. They rock. Probably more than most of the young dudes in bands.
7. Parliament. I blame this concert for my hearing loss. This picture is so old that I had to login to Myspace to find it.
8. Being As an Ocean
10. Ben Harper
11. Heartsick. One of my favorite local bands. Always a good time.
I was hoping to see D’Angelo but he cancelled. I think he has potential to be my favorite.
This a summer, I missed every show that I wanted to see. Red Hot Chili Peppers. Prophets of Rage. Slipknot (FYI: I used to be able to tie a slipknot.) Whenever I get to take a vacation, I’m just going to concerts and the beach. Maybe a concert on the beach. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed.