The subjects of what it means to be transgender and to be part of the LGBTQIA community have been topics at my house lately.
Who wants to be the parent that doesn’t have any answers? Not me. I don’t know what it means to be transgender or gay exactly. Technically, yes. I understand definitions. Really, I have no idea what to say.
So I thought doing some research on transgender podcasts would be helpful. It’s a starting point at least. Some of the podcasts might be interesting to you as well.
- How to be a Girl podcast. http://www.howtobeagirlpodcast.com/
This mom, Marlo Mack, rocks. She does the podcast with her young transgender daughter. They are just trying to figure it out together. Mack also has a blog over here: https://gendermom.wordpress.com/
2. The Gender Rebels https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/httpgenderrebelspodbeancomfeed/the-gender-rebels/e/51638508
They have the answers to questions you didn’t even know you had about transgender issues.
3. Public Trans Podcast. https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/public-trans
Mac and Ave discuss trans issues during your morning commute. Also available on iTunes.
4. TransPanTastic. https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/transpantastic
I’m looking forward to listening to more of the adventures of George and Jess. They are a transgender couple with children and all of the drama.
5. Ok 2 Be LGBT. https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/ok-2-be-lgbt
Molly and Kim talk about LGBT issues, news, and pop culture. They are hilarious.
Even though I’m gay, there’s still a lot I don’t fully understand about Transgender issues, as many are distinctly different from homosexuality. I’ll give these a listen as time permits.
That’s what I hear. I will be listening also. 🙂