RuPaul has an amazing Instagram account. We may never be that fierce in real life or on Instagram. But we have to try, right?! So I put together a few tips to improve your Instagram.
Check out RuPaul’s Instagram when you can.
- Don’t follow everyone. I made the mistake of following everyone that followed me. Years later, I’m still weeding out tons of It Works distributors and other people selling candles or Tupperware. Instagram doesn’t have a way to organize followers, which is so annoying. The list of followers is one gigantic list.
- Use hashtags. Make up your own hashtags if you feel so inclined.
- Participate in photo challenges. Maybe you’ll find your people out there.
- Take photos of stuff that you like. I like ice cream, books, and music so all of those things are on my Instagram over here: https://www.instagram.com/holleylolleyland/
- Take photos of popular things: coffee, food, animals, clothes, concerts, travel posts.
- Make it as personal as you want. I guess people will like selfies until the end of time. If you’re not into selfies, put yourself out there a little at a time. Take a photo of your manicure or your new shoes, old shoes, etc.
- It should be a reflection of who you really are. I know, Instagram makes it so easy to make everything beautiful. Take advantage of those filters.
- Try to make connections with people. Like their photos. Comment on their photos.
- Take photos every day if you can.
- The truth is that nobody is as fierce as RuPaul. But don’t give up trying to be the fiercest you that you can be.