This morning I found The Peculiar Book Tag on This Splendid Shambles and Jesse The Reader. What would be your answers to some of these peculiar questions?
If you’ve done this book tag let me know by leaving a link so I can come and check out your answers!
1. Abandoned house- A book that you once abandoned but then gave another chance and ended up enjoying
The Art of War. I struggled reading it so I gave up for a short time. Then I switched to audiobook and finally understood the brilliance of it.
2. Vintage photographs- A book you would have loved to see illustrations in
I think a few well-placed illustrations would have made it perfect. It was practically perfect anyway.
3. Loop- A series that you wouldn’t mind reading on loop
In a way, I do watch this book on a continuous loop. I have watched the movie,”Lawless,” countless times. I have also read the book.
4. Peculiar Children- A character’s ability that you desire to have for yourself
Yona has amazing survival skills. She knows almost everything about surviving in the forest. Yona uses her skills to help a group of Jewish people to escape the Nazis.
5. Miss Peregrine- Your favourite character that is a leader
6. Jacob- Your favourite story where a regular kid discovers an extraordinary world
I love the fact that the kids are just hiding in the wardrobe and stumble upon another world.
7. Emma- A fierce and fiery character
8. Millard- A book that seems to be invisible but needs to be read by more people
9. Olive- A book you bought that floated to the top of your TBR
There will be a super special book review within the next few months.
10. Hugh- A book that stung and caused a lot of feelings
I was emotionally destroyed by this book the first time that I read it. I was much angrier after the 2nd reading.
11. Enoch- Without spoiling, a book character that you would bring back to life
I can’t say without spoiling it.
12. Bronwyn- A physically strong character
Brienne of Tarth. She’s not a queen. However, she is loyal and a true warrior.
13. Hollowgasts- A book you read that felt like an experiment gone wrong
I can’t even say how much that this book was not what I expected. It was almost on the DNF pile.
14. Whites- A book that felt like it consumed tropes that you’ve seen done in other books
I didn’t hate it though.