This week’s topic for Top Ten Tuesday is “Things That Make Me Instantly Want to Read a Book.” For a minute, I wasn’t sure if I could think of enough reasons for why I choose a book. Sometimes I don’t think I have a particular reason.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. Visit her blog to see links to other great blogs and to add your link.
- The description. I really want to read books that have an interesting plot.
- The cover. Beautiful covers capture my attention and draw me in the same as everyone else.
- The genre. I love historical fiction, magical realism, and any story with time travel.
- The author. Some of my favorite authors are Phillipa Gregory, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Amy Tan, and Stephen Graham Jones. I have read more than one book by each of them.
- The recommendations. While I don’t totally rely on the reviews, I will take notice if a lot of people are raving about a book.
- The movie vs. The book. I like to compare the book and the movie. Usually, I like the book more than the movie.
- Oprah. If Oprah likes it, then I put it on the list.
- Book Challenges. I have read so many great books while doing the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge. Books that I found while searching for a book to fit into a prompt have been some of the most interesting books by a variety of authors.
- Does it have amazing plot twists or in any way mysterious? If so, then I will want to read it.
- Will it make me laugh? I’m always ready for a good laugh.
What makes you want to read a particular book? Comments are always welcome.
Thanks for sharing this idea. Anita
Oh I didn’t think of Book Challenges I love participating in different reading challenges. I love that they help expand my reading and make me try books I might not of read before.
I wouldn’t have noticed some books if it weren’t for reading challenges. 🙂
Same! Reading challenges always motivate me to read and often take me outside of my reading comfort zones. I’ve found some great reads this way as well.
Totally agree! 🙂
Amazing plot twists are a great draw for sure!
Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.
I generally read a book based on a recommendation from either my husband or friend.