If we were having coffee, I would tell you
- I’m working on perfecting a coffee smoothie. There are several recipes on Pinterest. The one I used was for one cup. I forgot to redo the figures for making more. So I added ice cream. Ice cream makes almost everything better.
- Lucas thinks I should sell coffee smoothies in the driveway. I’m not against the idea.
- that I started working at a new place. It’s ok – not super fantastic. I know a few people there so it’s been alright.
- I’m trying to get back into writing my book. I decided to break it up into chapters for now. I tend to get distracted by everything so it’s been difficult to concentrate on just writing. There are also writing tips on Pinterest. Off-topic: I still have a crush on Tom Jones and he can also be found on Pinterest. OMG. I love the Internet.
- I finished reading, My Trip to Adele. I’ll be working on doing the review later today.
- I also finally finished watching Lost. I was really happy that Sayid and Shannon reunited. That’s all that I really cared about – Sayid and his love life. And maybe Sawyer. Sayid and Sawyer are 90% of the reason I watched the show.
- My middle kid will be so happy that I’m finished watching Lost. She wants me to watch Supernatural so that I understand all of the memes that she shows me.
- Last week, I started planning posts on a blog calendar. It’s been helpful. Some people plan their blog out for a year. I’m not that ambitious. I planned for about a month.
- Now I have to go take a picture for a future blog. The plan for the week is to read and take pictures. Plus, work. Gotta make that money.
If we were having coffee, it would be a quick coffee date. I’m supposed to be getting ready to go to a birthday party for my nephew.
- Here is a list of things I’m supposed to do.
- Make waffles. (I don’t have a waffle iron.)
- Brush my teeth. (My kid has left the mess from her charcoal mask in the sink. I brushed them in the shower.)
- Get my kids up and ready. (It’s a struggle in progress.)
- Organize everything. It’s not happening today. However, I have lots of pins on Pinterest about organizing.
- Clean everything. I also have a new board on Pinterest about cleaning hacks.
- The boyfriend is gone again for the weekend. Let’s hope he gets back before I have to mow the lawn. I haven’t done that since 2007.
- Figuring out how to go to my friend’s Dirty 30 birthday party. I’m just going to go. Just going . . . I haven’t been to a party for grown-ups since I don’t even remember when. This is a picture of their actual cake.
Here is a list of stuff that are completed.
- We went to the 4th of July parade. Some of us only complained and begged to go to the park 10 times before the parade even started.
- The kids and I already went to see the 4th of July fireworks. My middle kid spent most of the time invading my space, hanging onto my bag and trying to hold my hand. She said “I’ll never let go Jack,” about twenty times. She’s 12. Pretty soon she won’t want to be seen in public with me and will be so ready to let go.
- We went to my nephew’s birthday party.
- I did the dishes. There are still more.
- I read half of a book. There’s still more.
- Sleeping happened, except when it was supposed to happen.
- We went to the comic book store. It took longer to find it than I thought. We didn’t spend too much time there. Hopefully next time. 🙂
You can add your link here or read more Weekend Coffee Share post.
Weekend Coffee Share Link Up
If we were having coffee, I would tell you that
- I left the coffee pot on too long. I think I burnt it but it’s still tastes like coffee.
- My assignment at the temporary agency is over. Thank God! Previously, I worked at a very safety conscious factory. This last place was the opposite. It was like they never heard of safety or OSHA.
- I’ve been trying to get some reading done. Book reviews, Book reviews, Book reviews.
- And a million other things finished at the same time. I’m struggling to focus on one thing. So nothing really gets finished.
- I did a few music reviews for the blog, which you will see next week. My music reviews aren’t really official or anything. It’s always just my opinion. Always looking for cool bands. Rock, punk, indie. Not really into death metal.
- Maybe it’s Pinterests fault that I can’t focus? I’m still spending too much time on Pinterest. Jason Momoa pins are showing up on my feed so that is one blessing that I can count.
- The other thing on Pinterest are pictures of food, which remind me that I’m starving. I’m going to go make lunch and try to refocus. Also, I need to make sure I really turned the coffee pot off this time.
- Hope you’re all having a good week!!
- Weekend Coffee Share Link Up!!
If we were having coffee, I would be so glad to see you because it has been especially lonely around here. I hope that all of you are doing well.
Unfortunately, our kitty, Lilyrose, passed away. Somehow she got out of the house. She made it several blocks before she was hit by a car. My oldest daughter saw her laying on the sidewalk. Then Lucas brought her body back home.
We had a funeral for her on Thursday morning. My youngest daughter visits her every morning before school and then again when she gets home. It’s very sweet how she asks Lilyrose to protect all of the animals.
Although Lilyrose was with us for a short time, she was the most loved kitty in the world. I remember the first time I made coffee after she came to stay. She was extremely curious about the coffeemaker and the interesting noise that it made.
I will miss her trying to help with the dishes and trying to catch the cursor while I was writing blog posts. Her favorite show was the pointer finger on Netflix. There was a toy horse that she also loved or hated. It was hard to tell.
Lilyrose was also a fan of the Kim Kardashian Hollywood game. Don’t judge. It’s very can be very addictive. She resembles the cat in the game.
She loved popcorn and cheese. She had a baby blue color because I thought I would have time to buy her a pink one. Our time with her was too short.
Find more Weekend Coffee Share posts here:
Weekend Coffee Share at Nerd in the Brain
If we were having coffee, I would tell you . . .
- In about two days, I will be fired. It is going to be the most glorious thing that has happened in the last year. No regrets. Not one.
- While switching to days was a good thing, I also received a new supervisor who is a psychotic bitch. She makes fun of her workers and the powers that be keep her. So I’m not staying one more minute.
- My knee is the size of a pumpkin again. It’s inflammation (aka arthritis).
- This week, I will be spending time looking for a job.
- I’m hoping that I don’t have to grow my hair back in order to get a job. It would be disappointing. I’m so close to having circa 1990s Prince hair.
- One of my other goals is to work on one or both of my books. There’s a third book in the mix somewhere.
- I’ll get to see my kids and drive them every damn place. It will be pretty awesome.
- I foresee a lot of coffee in the near future. There’s so much to do: Get a job. Finish writing 3 books. Keep Prince on heavy music rotation per the usual. Drive kids everywhere. Stay positive. The end.
This is Why We Can’t Have nice things
It’s been so long since I’ve done a coffee share post. I don’t even know where to start.
- We have a cat. She’s a bad kitty but we love her anyway.
- The amount of potted plants in our house has decreased. See above statement.
- Also, I found gum on the piano this morning. I don’t think it was the kitty.
- After a year, I have finally moved to day shift.
- I don’t have that many friends on day shift.
- Someone on day shift said that I should wear spiked shoulder pads. It goes with my mohawk and my grumpy, yet somehow charming personality.
- It would look like this:
BTW: My mohawk is way better. However, I don’t have a belt buckle that big and shiny. I’m thinking that the boyfriend and I could be the Road Warriors for Halloween next year.
- The change to day shift has been good. I have more time to spend with family. More time to blog. More time to do things that I have been putting off so I can sleep during the day. I can drink coffee during the day now, instead of at 9 p.m. Or 2:30 a.m.
I hope that all of you are doing well. I have really missed you guys!
P.S. You can find more Coffee posts here.
Part-Time Monster’s Blog