If we were having coffee, I would be so glad to see you because it has been especially lonely around here. I hope that all of you are doing well.
Unfortunately, our kitty, Lilyrose, passed away. Somehow she got out of the house. She made it several blocks before she was hit by a car. My oldest daughter saw her laying on the sidewalk. Then Lucas brought her body back home.
We had a funeral for her on Thursday morning. My youngest daughter visits her every morning before school and then again when she gets home. It’s very sweet how she asks Lilyrose to protect all of the animals.
Although Lilyrose was with us for a short time, she was the most loved kitty in the world. I remember the first time I made coffee after she came to stay. She was extremely curious about the coffeemaker and the interesting noise that it made.
I will miss her trying to help with the dishes and trying to catch the cursor while I was writing blog posts. Her favorite show was the pointer finger on Netflix. There was a toy horse that she also loved or hated. It was hard to tell.
Lilyrose was also a fan of the Kim Kardashian Hollywood game. Don’t judge. It’s very can be very addictive. She resembles the cat in the game.
She loved popcorn and cheese. She had a baby blue color because I thought I would have time to buy her a pink one. Our time with her was too short.
Find more Weekend Coffee Share posts here:
Weekend Coffee Share at Nerd in the Brain
If we were having coffee, I would tell you . . .
- In about two days, I will be fired. It is going to be the most glorious thing that has happened in the last year. No regrets. Not one.
- While switching to days was a good thing, I also received a new supervisor who is a psychotic bitch. She makes fun of her workers and the powers that be keep her. So I’m not staying one more minute.
- My knee is the size of a pumpkin again. It’s inflammation (aka arthritis).
- This week, I will be spending time looking for a job.
- I’m hoping that I don’t have to grow my hair back in order to get a job. It would be disappointing. I’m so close to having circa 1990s Prince hair.
- One of my other goals is to work on one or both of my books. There’s a third book in the mix somewhere.
- I’ll get to see my kids and drive them every damn place. It will be pretty awesome.
- I foresee a lot of coffee in the near future. There’s so much to do: Get a job. Finish writing 3 books. Keep Prince on heavy music rotation per the usual. Drive kids everywhere. Stay positive. The end.
This is Why We Can’t Have nice things
It’s been so long since I’ve done a coffee share post. I don’t even know where to start.
- We have a cat. She’s a bad kitty but we love her anyway.
- The amount of potted plants in our house has decreased. See above statement.
- Also, I found gum on the piano this morning. I don’t think it was the kitty.
- After a year, I have finally moved to day shift.
- I don’t have that many friends on day shift.
- Someone on day shift said that I should wear spiked shoulder pads. It goes with my mohawk and my grumpy, yet somehow charming personality.
- It would look like this:
BTW: My mohawk is way better. However, I don’t have a belt buckle that big and shiny. I’m thinking that the boyfriend and I could be the Road Warriors for Halloween next year.
- The change to day shift has been good. I have more time to spend with family. More time to blog. More time to do things that I have been putting off so I can sleep during the day. I can drink coffee during the day now, instead of at 9 p.m. Or 2:30 a.m.
I hope that all of you are doing well. I have really missed you guys!
P.S. You can find more Coffee posts here.
Part-Time Monster’s Blog
So this weekend, I looked at Pinterest. I found coffee related things to fuel a million DIY projects.
I decided that I needed to have beautiful kitchen cabinets. They look like this . . .
I knew right away that I was in over my head. After a few trips to the store, paint in my mohawk and kitchen in a chaotic state, the cabinets look like this . . . .
The lady at the Dollar Store has faith in me.
If we were having coffee, we would not be having coffee. Someone keeps forgetting to buy it. (Me) Someone bought raspberry ice tea and bottled water. (Also me)
There have been a few soccer games and practices. Soccer moms and dads can be intense and obnoxious.
I’m a officially soccer mom now. Not so intense. Maybe a little obnoxious.
Last week, we went to free comic book day. It was pretty awesome.
Someone needs to go back to the store and buy coffee. (Any volunteers?)
If we were having coffee, I would tell you
- I’m still working. Sleep. Work. I feel like the Dunkin Donuts guy. Except that I do things like paint my nails and feed the kids. All while half asleep.
- I need to go buy an apron for work. Plus, some fabric paint so I can write Rage Against the Machine on it. Or “I am Machine. I never sleep.” It’s a toss up.
- I’ve been working on a band interview. Since I woke up at 2 a.m., I might finish it today.
- My mom’s cat meows all of the time. I woke it up from a nap at 4 a.m. No regrets. He was interuppting “Magic Mike:XXL.” Bad kitty.
- My kids have been saying, “You’ve cat to be kidding me right meow.”
- Lucas and I watched “Straight Outta Compton.” We do not want to do business with Suge Knight. What is wrong with people? Why did people want him to be their partner?
- We realized he was 13 in 1993. I was 18. He was jailbait back then. I dodged a bullet because we didn’t know each other.
- The rest of the day will be spent listening to meowing and cat jokes.</li
- What are you doing?
If we were having coffee, I would tell you that
- I should totally be sleeping right now. Someone didn’t take their melatonin today. That stuff works.
- While at work, I think about weird things like challenging my boyfriend to a thumb wrestling contest. He would totally win but I would lose less than I would have a month ago. If I didn’t have a strong grip before, I do now. Thanks for that buffers.
- My mom told someone that I spray paint cars. It sounds illegal. Thanks for the street cred mom.
- On the plus side, I’m got more money than Kanye. hahahaha. I know, probably not in reality. Kanye is more of a jerk now that he’s poor. Who knew that was even possible?
- My youngest let me dress her up for a photo shoot. Someday soon she won’t let me take pictures of her. So I have to do it before she runs screaming from the room when I get the camera out.
- I would like to change the sign at work to say “Zero Fcks given.” Now it says something about zero and teamwork and something else positive.
- If I have flipped you off this week at around 7 a.m., I’m not sorry. Quit tailgating me jerk. I’m not a violent person but I would like to shoot your tires out. This is also why I don’t have a gun. Just looking out for your tires and personal well-being. You’re welcome.
- If I flipped you off in the drop off lane at school, also not sorry. Quit parking in the driving lane . . . just quit.
How was your week? Hopefully, you’re sleeping well.
P.S. I just looked up the side effects of melatonin. Irritability. No kidding. . . . Imagine if I didn’t sleep. Oh wait. I don’t always. I’ve been up for almost 24 hours. . . .