Fairy Bones seems like a fun band so an interview could be a good time for everyone involved. They might deny being playful but you guys will not be disappointed.
Fairy Bones is a rock band from Arizona. They are releasing their second album, 0% Fun, later this month. Band members are Chelsey Louise – Vocals / Guitar, Robert Ciuca -Guitar, Ben Foos – Bass, and Matthew Foos – Drums.
Where was your first show?
Ice House Tavern. And Ben, our bassist, didn’t show up.
- How did you guys come up with the name?
In an ayahuasca fueled sweat lodge meditation session. It came to us from the ether.
- Who does the art work for your merchandise?
A bunch of different artists. We like to collaborate. The latest “Stabbit the Rabbit” is by @alexbenson (of Okilly Dokilly) and our suicidal fairy is by @andrewcrystal_tattoer, my tattoo artist based in Arizona.
- How much fun do you have on a daily basis?
- What is involved in having 100% fun during a show?
When the audience is having 100% fun.
- What part of Arizona are you from?
- Are you planning to tour this summer?
- Have any of you had a paranormal experience? Fairies, ghosts, witches. . . .
Oh yes. Matt, our drummer, is convinced he saw a UFO. Chelsey has seen a ghost. And Robert, actually, might be a vampire.
- Are there any covers that you like better than the original?
Nancy Sinatra’s “Machine Gun Kelly”
- Who would you like to record with?
Timbaland, Pharrel Williams, Lady Gaga, Radiohead, Josh Homme, Aticus Ross
- How much fun did you have doing the “Killing Me” video? Who’s the best dancer?
0%. Ben is clearly the best dancer.
This is a note from their press release. If you’re in the Phoenix area, you could have 100% fun at their album release show.
*Fairy Bones will celebrate their sophomore effort on February 23rd at Crescent Ballroom in Phoenix, AZ with support from their friends in Doll Skin, Bear Ghost and Paper Foxes. This event will be 16+ and tickets start at $12. Tickets go on sale February 17th, available through www.crescentphx.com.